Domingo Pérez

Parish Church of La Concepción

Plaza de España

Information from Domingo Pérez:

Telephone: 925 880 239

Land that has been inhabited since Palaeolithic times, as archaeological materials found in the vicinity of the town centre show. However, the municipality was formed in the 11th century after the Christian reconquest as a small agricultural estate, which over the centuries increased in population until the 15th and 16th centuries saw a great demographic boom in the town, years in which its main monuments were created, such as the church of the Purísima Concepción and the hermitage of El Prado, becoming an independent town in the 17th century. The town centre has beautiful examples of popular Toledan architecture, such as the town hall, which will allow visitors to get to know the deep-rooted rural traditions and village life.

Practically flat territory with a small undulation that is magnificent to observe its extensive cultivated fields and to walk along its paths enjoying a pleasant and simple stroll through the plains of Toledo.

Tourist Information

Find out more

What to see?

Purísima Concepción parish church

Of a very particular style, which we could call "rural mudejar". It has three naves, no transept, with a three-sided polygonal apse at the high altar and three bays in length; the columns are granite with Ionic capitals and brick arches. The exterior has a sober and robust appearance, the bell tower is not very high, it has two arches on each side and a belfry on which a pair of storks nests. Inside, the most valuable elements are the gold and silver work, the imagery, the organ, the Mudejar coffered ceiling, the very old stone baptismal font, the Talavera ceramics of the main altar, the altarpieces and, in particular, the unique Baroque altarpiece of the main altar.

Hermitage of Ntra. Sra. del Prado

Situated in an area of old meadows between the Santa Olalla and the old Otero roads. Work began on the hermitage in 1636 on a shrine or religious monument that was placed at the entrance to the villages, and was completed in 1640. It has a rectangular floor plan, with a single nave and entrances on the sides. The nave is covered with a coffered ceiling of pair and knuckle, the sacristy has a dome decorated on its pendentives with four scenes from the life of the Virgin. The altarpiece where the image is kept is by Juan Fernández (son) architect of Cebolla. The image dates from the early 16th century, before the hermitage was built. The belfry of the bell and the Talavera ceramics on the door, on which the dates of the construction of the hermitage appear, are worth mentioning.

Hermitage of La Soledad

It is a small chapel in the popular style, with a rectangular floor plan, a single nave, no apse and an entrance at the base. Covered by a coffered ceiling of pair and knuckle, the baroque altarpiece was transferred from the hermitage of the Virgen del Prado. Above the hollow of the image there is a crucifix and on the sides four canvases, the walls are completely full of ornaments, but above all it is worth mentioning a couple of canvases of saints of great quality. The image of the Virgin of La Soledad has a clothed frame.

Town hall

An example of popular civil architecture, a two-storey building with a granite plinth, as are the door and window jambs and lintels. In the centre of the façade is the wooden door with two windows on each side, each with a wrought iron balcony. On the central balcony are the ceramic coats of arms of the town and of Castilla-La Mancha, and two wrought-iron lampposts framed in granite stone. The roof is topped with a loft for the clock, with a belfry for the bell and a weathervane of a cockerel, all in wrought iron. This watch was made by the watchmaker Antonio Canseco in 1891.